Tybee Island Beach Rules and Regulations ~ Be in the Know
Tybee Island has one of the most beautiful beaches along the Georgia coastline, making up five miles of the most perfect sandcastle making sand, warm ocean water, and breathtaking panoramic views. Known as Savannah’s beach, Tybee Island is the perfect destination for families, couples, singles, and friends. Low tide even makes for a charming bike ride!
While fun in the sun is the name of the game here on Tybee Beach, there are beach rules and regulations you need to be aware of. The rules are strictly enforced and could cost you up to $1,000 if broken.
1. Stay out of the dunes
2. You may only SURF and FISH in designated areas
3. Limit your swimming to within 50 yards of the shoreline
4. Obey the lifeguards, they are trained professionals and are there for your safety
5. Stay off the rocks, jetties, and lifeguard stand
6. Litter must be contained — either take it with you or put it in the garbage cans. Remember, cigarette butts are considered litter.
7. You may not operate any motorized watercraft, such as a jet ski, motorboat, and similar craft, within 1,000 feet of the waterline on any part of the beach between the north and south rock jetties.
2. Unauthorized motorized vehicles
3. All pets – This does not include properly certified guide dogs, or similar animals assisting the blind, deaf, or other physically handicapped persons.
4. Disorderly or unsafe conduct
5. Fires – open or contained in a grill
6. Camping or sleeping overnight on the beach
9. Removal of live marine life
10. Jumping or diving from pier or public structure
Please follow the rules when you visit the beach here in Tybee, as the rules are meant to keep you and your friends and family safe.
On a fun note though, if you could break just one of these rules, which one would it be?
There is never a shortage of fun and things to do in Tybee so pack your bags and we’ll see you when you get here!
Contact us here at the 17th Street Inn for more information about staying with us, things to do on Tybee Island including dining, nightlife, beach activities, must see attractions and events, and any other questions you may have about the area! We would also love for you to connect with us on our Facebook Page.